Coral Springs, Florida – The City of Coral Springs will celebrate “International Day of Peace” on Monday, September 21, 2020 and invites residents to participate, safely from home. You can join in and celebrate PEACE by doing the following:
- Complete a “Peace Day Pledge”
- Join the IMAGINE PEACE Wish Tree, by hanging your wish for peace tag on a designated tree at outside or inside your home
- Create a Pinwheel for Peace and plant it in your front yard
- Wear white on September 21 to symbolize “Peace Across Broward Day”
- Perform a Random Act of Kindness towards a neighbor, friend, or family member
- Join the “Peace Wave” around the world with a minute of silence at noon on September 21
The International Day of Peace (“Peace Day”) is observed around the world each year on September 21. Established in 1981 by unanimous United Nations resolution, Peace Day provides a globally shared date for all humanity to commit to Peace above all differences and to contribute to building a Culture of Peace.